Blogging from a small part of the Internet linked to NYC.

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Comic Books

Sometimes, when I mention that I collect comic books, someone says "When will you grow up?" But are comic books just a "kid thing"?

Lots of people collect comic books well into their old age. Practically every artist, writer, editor, etc.. is over 21. Many current storylines aren't really targeted to a young audience. Some are definitely too mature-themed for kids.

And the costs? Today's comic books are around the $3 range. The average kid can not afford to buy a bunch of comics like the average kid did back in the 70's and 80's.

Comic books have been a good influence on my life. I definitely learned some of my morals and ethics from comic books. "Be 'good guy' (hero), not a 'bad guy'(villain)."

I love comic books. I don't care if it's not "acceptable". Besides, I've always said, "Lots of people have habits. Isn't it better that it's collecting comics, instead of drinking or smoking up?" Also, it's READING. RIF!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home