Blogging from a small part of the Internet linked to NYC.

Monday, October 17, 2005

A Taste of Chinatown

OH, MAN! Am I glad I heard about this and decided to go. I wish I had posted about it so more people could have enjoyed it.

It's called "A Taste of Chinatown", and what it is is basically a street fair through most of the restaurant streets of Chinatown (Mott, Pell, Baxter, Mulberry Streets to name a few) and the restaurants sell samples of their cooking for $1 or $2 a plate, it's not a lot, but you can get to taste lots of different food, or the same food from different restaurants.

Between Vilz and I, we spent about $12 and stuffed ourselves there, AND had plenty for dinner. Mark this one in your calendars for next time. I know I'll be there next year.

Here are some pics:

Posted by Picasa

As you can see, it was really crowded, but not enough to stop me from getting to the food.

Posted by Picasa

Like I said $1 or $2 a sample plate.

Posted by Picasa

These fried dumplings were AMAZING.

Posted by Picasa

Unfortunately, I didn't get any bubble tea.

Posted by Picasa

I don't think we really stopped eating for more than 10 minutes at any point.

Posted by Picasa

This was the only INSANELY long line in the whole fair.

Posted by Picasa

And, it was for the "Peking Duck House". There was even a second line next to the long one FOR THE BONES!! People waited in line to get the carcasses to make soup, because their duck.. is.. so.. good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home