Blogging from a small part of the Internet linked to NYC.

Thursday, December 08, 2005

88 Facts about me

(took this idea from a friend's post)

* my birthday is February 11th
* My mom almost named me "Johnny"
* I have two brothers: Francisco (older) and George (younger)
* I'm a TEP (Tau Epsilon Phi Fraternity)
* I LOVE TEP!
* I went to the City College of New York
* It took me 20 semesters to finish school (for real)
* I work at CCNY
* I love my brothers (siblings and fraternity)
* I admire my parents (although they don't know it)
* I am married (Vilma)
* I have two children (Danny and Caroline)
* I believe in God
* I don't go to church regularly because I don't believe I have to (God is everywhere)
* I pray (sometimes)
* I have no tattoos
* I helped at least four sororities start up at CCNY
* I once helped get over 80 girls together to start a colony for a national sorority
* And was amazed when they declined because “the demographics” weren’t right
* I find racism funny (sort of like Archie Bunker)
* I am not a “morning person”
* I am a “nite owl”
* I didn't get my driver's license until my late twenties
* I'm not a smoker (though I have tried a cigarette once or twice)
* I don't like the taste of beer
* I am an amazing beer chugger
* I have only been beaten once (by an alumnus)
* my favorite season is fall
* I never want to leave NYC (I may live near, but want to always be near)
* I like to watch fights
* I love to see resolution after a conflict
* I can deal with ignorance, but I hate stupidity
* I can't rollerskate, rollerblade, or ice skate
* I have almost died at least five times
* I have never been mugged
* I lived in Dominican Republic for two years (when I was ten)
* I walked through a hurricane and a flood (in DR) to get to safety
* When I was 8, I almost electrocuted myself trying to catch electricity in a soda can
* I was accepted to MIT
* I didn't want to go because I LOVE NYC!
* I sometimes find myself almost laughing at "non funny" situations
* I can find humor in almost anything
* I love watching movies
* I am a Netflix "power user"
* I seen at least six movies starring "El Santo"
* I think “The Matrix” is an amazing movie
* I think “Harvey” is a great movie
* I think “The Warriors” is another amazing movie
* There are certain movie scenes that still make me cry
* I LOVE Halloween
* I walked in the NYC Halloween parade twice
* I have gone to see the NYC Halloween parade at least ten times
* I once tried to save my cousin from drowning at Jones Beach
* Then I almost drowned when I “realized” I couldn’t swim
* I love to read comic books
* I prefer DC to Marvel
* I currently own over 20,000 comic books (really)
* I still like action figures (yes, toys)
* Batman has always been my favorite hero
* I like science fiction
* I think the Federation from “Star Trek” should be a model for society
* I like watching cartoons (especially Batman and the Justice League)
* I have been to more than ten comic book conventions
* One of them in San Diego
* I like to wear black clothes (sometimes head to toe)
* I believe in aliens (extra terrestrials)
* I hate to have to shave
* I almost never wear cologne (deodorant, yes)
* I have been cutting my own hair since high school
* Since then, I have paid for one less than ten times
* I believe that 99.9% of all cats are psychotic
* I love to eat
* I am overweight
* I need to get more exercise
* I love to eat pernil (roast pork shoulder)
* I drink way too much coffee
* I used to really be into KISS
* I won their album (Live II) in a raffle in Catholic school (5th grade)
* I used to own four albums by Run-DMC
* I used to really be into the Beastie Boys
* I think society needs to re-evaluate our notions of religion
* I think society needs to re-evaluate our notions of the world
* I think society needs to re-evaluate our notions of people
* I think society needs to re-evaluate our notions of a lot of things
* I am a conspiracy theorist
* I think “The Man” is still holding most of us down
* I have a "drunk twin brother" named "Jerk" (that bastard)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home