Blogging from a small part of the Internet linked to NYC.

Friday, April 15, 2005

Why must it take something like this...

I hate the fact that it usually takes some sad event like a funeral for you to see old friends that you haven't seen in a long time.

I went to a wake today. The guy who used to live next door to me back in my old neighborhood passed away a few days ago. He was a real nice guy. He was old, and had been sick for the last couple of years, so his passing on was more like a release from pain. I hadn't seen his son (about my age) in a while. The last time (almost a year ago, was just a "hi-bye" thing). The family that used to lived upstairs from them, was at the wake. I used to hang out with them, and haven't seen them since they moved away many years ago. Now they're all married and have kids (I am as well). Then we got to talking about old times and older memories.

Hopefully we can get together for a BBQ or something someday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home