Blogging from a small part of the Internet linked to NYC.

Monday, October 31, 2005

"I trust you, but I'm not IN trust with you."

I was helping someone with the free online credit report (annualcreditreport.com), and they'd ask me a question every now and then, "I don't understand what it's asking me. Can you help me?"

But everytime I went to look at what the problem was, they'd scroll the page up so I couldn't see their personal information. So, I'd say "Where's the error message?" and they'd say "It said something about a password.", and I'd reply "I need to see the error message." Then they'd scroll down, hesitantly. I'd help them out, and the next problem... the same thing.

I understand that this is private, personal, sensitive information, but damn! I can't help you if you don't trust me at least a little.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home