Blogging from a small part of the Internet linked to NYC.

Monday, August 27, 2007

4 Generations

Most times I'm online, I'm browsing/looking at the usual crap... checking e-mail, some video somebody posted of someone else doing something stupid, reading some of the day's news, maybe some photoshopped images, reading some anonymous person's blog postings, looking at some URL I saw printed somewhere, reading upcoming comic book news, all in all... stuff that doesn't "do" anything. I think of it as the usual "buzz" about the internet.

But tonight I saw this video, "4 Generations", and it touched me. It made me realize feel, for a second, how difficult someone else's daily life can be. And for that, I'm thankful.

It's a video by a violinist named Robert Thompson (his website), who, while traveling through China, decided to give a water buffalo as a gift to a family. The buffalo "only" cost him about $250 (US dollars), but to that family... it meant so much more.

$250 won't change my life, but it and, and did, change 4 other people's lives. Oh, and their story is sad as well.

Please watch it. It's nice. And touching.

*Note to self: Try to do something like this at least once in your life. For real.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home