Blogging from a small part of the Internet linked to NYC.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Happy Feet



I just got the "Happy Feet" DVD from Netflix. I loved the movie.

One thing I liked, was the speech by Noah the Elder, during the huddle scene, where the male penguins were walking their eggs around in the cold during the long night.

I couldn't remember the whole speech, but now that I have the DVD, here's the speech:
When all others leave..
We remain!!
When the sun vanishes..
We remain!!

Heed the wisdoms, brothers!

Make a huddle!
Warm thy egg!!
Make a huddle!
Share the cold!!

Each must take his turn against the icy blast,
If we are to survive the endless night!

Raise your voices, brothers..
Give praise to the Great 'Guin..
who puts songs in our hearts..
and fists in our bellies!
It's almost like a Maori warrior's haka.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home