Blogging from a small part of the Internet linked to NYC.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Sit and Wait

Why does it seem like most appointments (doctor, DMV, etc..) take SO friggin long?

This morning I went to get a routine blood test. Now, I've been to this place before so they have my info. There were about 10 people ahead of me. But it took about an hour and twenty minutes to be called!

Then (I was watching the clock on the wall), it took less than 45 seconds for the whole procedure (from inserting the needle to placing band-aid)! I expect a wait, just because people are not machines, but why does it have to take SO long?

One lady said she got there 30 minutes before the place opened, she was fifth in line and they didn't see her until an hour and a half after they opened! She complained when people who came after her, had not only been seen, but were on their way out. The nurse at the desk said "It's okay, just have a seat." She replied "No, you didn't answer my question. Why are people who came in AFTER me called in BEFORE me?" The nurse simply replied "It'll just be a moment, please have a seat."

Last week, I had an appointment with a doctor, and that wait was almost an hour AFTER my scheduled appointment time. Now, if I missed my appointment, they would have charged me $25. But if the doctor is late, what recourse do I have? Ooh, I get to read another four-month old copy of Entertainment Weekly.

Stuff like that drives people crazy, and makes them not want to wait, and complain more when their wait is even a short one. If I knew my appointment would be on time, I wouldn't complain for a 5-10 minute wait. But when the wait is normally 30+ minutes.... people get upset. I know it really bugs the shyt out of me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home