Blogging from a small part of the Internet linked to NYC.

Sunday, October 08, 2006

WARRIORS!!!

Last night there was a special screening of "The Warriors" at Coney Island, during the Coney Island Film Festival, at Coney Island's Sideshows by the Seashore. There was a special guest host, Clinton of the Jones Street Boys (big guy in the middle) from the Netflix Roadshow Scavenger Hunt.

A funny moment, in my opinion, is when Clinton says "I know you've all seen this movie... You've all seen it, right?" And there were about 8-10 people who hadn't? I muttered "Well.. welcome to America then."

They wanted this show to be a cross between "The Warriors" and "Rocky Horror Picture Show", with fans wearing costumes, lines from the movie being shouted out, etc.. But it didn't work ouot that way. Hopefully next year.

By the way, I won third place in the trivia constest! I won a "mix tape" CD and a Coney Island 3-D postcard. Second place was my friend, Jen, from The Lizzies (top center). She won a copy of the Coney Island historic DVD that was playing as we entered the theater. And in first place was Wendy, who is a HUGE fan. Wendy won a copy of Sol Yurick's book.

Here are a few pics:

The Guest Host:



The winners!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Gerk...I'm soooo glad we went to the screening together...I had so much fun watching the movie again with a crowd...and there were in fact some (tho not all) who cheered along to the movie...believe it or not there were some moments when I heard people saying movie lines as it went along...ohh and I'm glad neither both of us were the person with the most wrong answers bc if I was I really don't deserve the Warriors vest I admire so much as if it were a million dollars...2nd place isn't so bad and neither is 3rd...better than getting a whoppie cushion for most wrong answers! Hahaha

The Warriors are good, real good...the best!

~Jen a.k.a. Tsunami the Lizzie

10/09/2006 9:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home