Snapple Fact #185
A male kangaroo is called a "boomer".
But there are other uses of the term "boomer":
Boomer is used as a nickname by:
- Chris Berman, ESPN football analyst.
- Norman Julius Esiason, former NFL quarterback.
- David Wells, Major League Baseball pitcher.
• Experiment #288 from the Lilo & Stitch series.
• A member of the Rowdyruff Boys, male counterparts to the Powerpuff Girls.
• There is a woodpecker on Disney's “The Fox and the Hound” named Boomer.
• A codename used by the superhero, Meltdown (Marvel Comics). She also used "Boom Boom".
• There is a character named Boomer on Battlestar Galactica (in both the original and the remake).
• Nickname of the Mountain Beaver
• There is a 2003 Russian movie about four people running from the law, titled “Boomer” (as in "Beemer", a BMW).
• In the U.S., psychedelic mushrooms are called boomers.
• A ballistic submarine missile (American Navy)
• A boomer is a synthetic life form developed in Bubblegum Crisis.
• Another term used in Bubblegum Crisis, a “boomeroid” is any person who has had more than 70% percent of their body replaced with mechanical parts
• A baby boomer is someone who was born during the period of increased economic prosperity following World War II.
• Name used by a gay film porn star in the early 90's.
• "Boomer Sooner" is the fight song for the University of Oklahoma.
• “Boomers” is the nickname of the Australian National Men's basketball team.
• Boomers Parks is a chain of family entertainment centers
• A boomer the nickname for a boom operator of aerial refueling (plane-to-plane).
• Early settlers of the United States Indian Territory (later known as Oklahoma).
• Traveling construction workers, tradesmen, petroleum industry workers, linemen, electricians, railroad workers, etc… who move from place-to-place following temporary or seasonal jobs.