I have a new digicam! The Kodak c743 Not too excited about it though...
Some pros and cons:
+ I can't complain about the price, $150 (after that good instant-rebate action).
- feels a bit clumsy. It has a dial/knob on top.
+ 7.1 Megapixels
- feels... light and "weak"
+ comes with rechargeable batteries
- takes almost 3 seconds to start up.
+ I can substitute two regular AA batteries.
- takes 3.5 seconds to "get ready" for the next picture.
+ has a slot of an SD card.
- didn't come with a card (even a small one)
+ easy to use
- you have to press the button "all the way down" to take a pic.
+ has "scene modes"
- the recharger doesn't come with a cord, so it blocks other sockets.
+ picture quality is pretty good
- the battery door is a bit clumsy, and I can see it breaking someday.
+ the Kodak desktop software interfaces with my Kodak Gallery (formerly Ofoto) very nicely.
- I see the same piece that broke in my first Kodak digicam (DX3600), and I couldn't recharge the batteries (in-camera) anymore.
+ it's a Kodak.
My previous cameras:
The Nikon Coolpix L1 was pretty good, but it died on me too, after less than three months. I took it back for a replacement, and then replacement was acting funny after a week. Back it went!
Let's see how this one goes. I'm still looking for a better one though. That perfect digicam MUST be out there.